Welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Techno Main Salt Lake, where we pride ourselves on providing a comprehensive and cutting-edge education in the field of mechanical engineering. Our faculty is comprised of industry leaders and accomplished academics, who provide our students with a unique blend of theoretical knowledge and practical experience. Our program covers a wide range of topics, including materials science, thermodynamics, robotics, and automation. We offer students access to state-of-the-art facilities, including research labs, machine shops, and wind tunnels. Our graduates are well-prepared for a variety of careers, including manufacturing, aerospace, and automotive engineering. At the Department of Mechanical Engineering, we are committed to providing our students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in today's rapidly changing technological landscape. Whether you are just starting your academic journey, or you are a seasoned industry professional seeking to enhance your skills, we invite you to explore our program and see what we have to offer. Students at the Department of Mechanical Engineering are provided numerous industrial training opportunities, where they get to observe how the concepts they learn in class play out in real life. This helps to build a strong foundation which stands them in good stead in their professional careers. Pictured below are students of the Department working at the Kanchrapara Car Shed under the supervision of their professors, which was an enriching experience for all.
|B.Tech - Mechanical||60||4 Years||After Class 12|
|B.Tech (L) - Mechanical||6||3 Years||After Diploma/B.Sc|
1. To offer state- of- the art infrastructure for learning, teaching and research activities.
2. To deliver curricula, meeting the ever-changing industry requirements for producing innovative and progressive minds, inculcating entrepreneurial and managerial skills through multidisciplinary projects and student-centric learning processes.
3. To develop all round personality of students, nurturing strong professional and humane ethics through interaction with faculty, alumni and experts from both academia and industry.
To emerge as a leading centre of mechanical engineering studies and research, producing innovative and progressive engineers with entrepreneurial skills and humane values contributing towards the welfare of the society.
1. Apply the knowledge of mechanical engineering towards solving problems of social relevance, for pursuing higher studies and research activities.
2. Design and develop products meeting industry standards, serving social purpose and proving to be milestones in mechanical engineering innovation.
3. Work confidently and effectively as individuals and in groups across multi-disciplinary projects, emerging as leaders at various levels in respective fields.
4. Engage in lifelong learning, professional and personal development to cater to the ever-changing industry and societal requirements.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineeringtools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineeringand management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
|Applied and Adaptive Optics lab||Material Characterization lab||Data Structure Using C lab|
|Atomic and Molecular Physics lab||Statistical Mechanics & Electromagnet. Theory lab||Statistics using MAT Lab|
|Computational Physics lab||Biochemistry and Analytical Techniques lab||Micro Programming & Architecture lab|
|General Physics lab||Microbiology lab||Programming lab|
|Modern Physics lab||Genetic Engineering lab||Business presentation and language lab|
|Optics lab||Immunology lab||Object-Oriented Programming lab|
|Solid State Physics lab||Bioinformatics lab||Unix lab|
|Solid state Technology lab||Bioreactor operations lab||Graphics & Multimedia lab|
|General Chemistry lab||Food and Environmental Biotechnology lab||Basic Computer Application lab|
|Organic Chemistry lab||Molecular Biology lab||Electronic Media: Planning & Production lab|
|Inorganic Chemistry lab||Basic Microscopy & Instrumentation lab||Electronic Media: Writing, Editing & Execution lab|
|Polymer Processing lab||Cytogenetic Techniques lab||Press Photography lab|
|Polymer Technology lab||Tissue Culture Techniques lab||Film & Television: Theory & Practice lab|
|Chemical Engineering lab||Numerical Methods lab||Design & Page Make up lab|