1. To offer state- of- the art infrastructure for learning, teaching and research activities.
2. To deliver curricula, meeting the ever-changing industry requirements for producing innovative and progressive minds, inculcating entrepreneurial and managerial skills through multidisciplinary projects and student-centric learning processes.
3. To develop all round personality of students, nurturing strong professional and humane ethics through interaction with faculty, alumni and experts from both academia and industry.
To emerge as a leading centre of mechanical engineering studies and research, producing innovative and progressive engineers with entrepreneurial skills and humane values contributing towards the welfare of the society.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineeringtools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineeringand management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. Apply the knowledge of mechanical engineering towards solving problems of social relevance, for pursuing higher studies and research activities.
2. Design and develop products meeting industry standards, serving social purpose and proving to be milestones in mechanical engineering innovation.
3. Work confidently and effectively as individuals and in groups across multi-disciplinary projects, emerging as leaders at various levels in respective fields.
4. Engage in lifelong learning, professional and personal development to cater to the ever-changing industry and societal requirements.
Apply knowledge and skills of CAE/ CAD tools towards designing and solving complex mechanical engineering problems meeting industry requirements.
B.Tech : Techno Main Salt Lake provides B.Tech program in the department of Mechanical Engineering. Students enrolled in this course learn to apply the principles of Physics for analysis, design, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. This branch of study uses the principles of Mechanics, Kinematics, Thermodynamics for the design and analysis of automobiles, aircrafts, heating and cooling systems, manufacturing plants, industrial equipments and machinery.
B.Tech Lateral : Techno Main Salt Lake provides B.Tech lateral entry program in the department of Mechanical Engineering. This course enables aspirants with 3 years diploma in engineering or an equivalent degree to get admitted in 2nd year of B.Tech.
M.Tech : Techno Main Salt Lake provides M.Tech program in the department of Mechanical Engineering. A master’s degree in Engineering involves research studies in varied fields of specializations. Participation in International conferences and submission of research methodologies in premier journals are paid utmost importance at Techno Main.
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering: 120
Five (5) nos. dedicated class rooms for Mechanical Engineering classes with ppt presentation facilities.Following laboratories are well equipped to provide hands on practical training to the students.
1. Engineering drawing -- Drawing Hall
2. Workshop – Lathe, Shaping, Milling, Drill, Grinding, Power saw,
3. Carpentry shop -- Wood lathe, Wood shaper
4. Fitting Shop -- Marking too, Prick punch, Try square, Different cutting tool (Hacksaw, File)
5. Sheet Metal -- Sheet Bending Machine
6. Foundry -- Casting furnace, Cope, Drag, Pattern
7. Forging shop -- Open Hearth Furnace, Anvil, Swage Block, Hammers, Tongs
8. Welding Shop -- Arc welding transformer, Gas welding equipment, Pressure welding machine
9. Design Software Lab – CREO software
10. Applied Mechanics Lab -- Spring testing Machine, Hardness test, Strain guage, Universal Testing Machine Manufacturing Technology Lab
11. Material Testing Lab -- Mould strength Measurement Machine, Permeability Measurement Machine, Cupping test Machine, Zomini Test Apparatus, Magnetic Particle Testing Arrangement, D P Test Arrangement,
12. Impact Test - Izod, Charpy Machine, Fatigue Testing Machine, Torsion Testing Machine, Ultrasonic Testing Machine, Eddy Testing Machine, Metallography Structure Analysis
13. Heat Transfer Lab -- Thermal Conductivity of Brass Bar, Thermal Conductivity of Asbestos Powder, Emissivity Test, Pin Fin Apparatus, Heat Exchanger, Separating and Throttling Calorimeter
14. IC Engine Lab -- Cut models of 4 stroke petrol and Diesel, 2 stroke petrol engine, Morse Test, Load Test (Petrol and Diesel Engine), MPFI, Catalytic Converters, Bomb Calorimeter
15. Fluid Mechanics Lab – Venturimeter, Bernoulli's Apparatus, Reynolds Apparatus, Pipe Friction Loss Aparatus, Centrifugal Pump, Reciprocating Pump, Pelton Turbine
16. Applied Fluid Mechanics Lab -- Cavitation Test rig, Submerged Jet, Stokes Law Apparatus, Pumps in series and parallel, Pipe fittings Apparatus
17. Dynamics of Machine -- Governor Apparatus, CAM, Static Balancing Apparatus, Dynamic Balancing Apparatus, Gyroscope, Vibration Testing Apparatus
18. Mechatronics Lab -- Pneumatic Apparatus, Hydraulic Apparatus, Logic Gate, PID, Open loop piston Controller, Closed loop position controller
19. Air Conditioning & Refrigeration -- Vapour Compression Refrigeration System, Thermoelectric Refrigeration System, Window Type Air Conditioner, Air Conditioning Test Unit
20. Machine tool lab – Dynamometer, Thermocouple, Chip thickness measurement apparatus
21. Metrology Lab -- Vernier Caliper, Micrometer, Spirit Level, Height Gauge, Depth Gauge, Surface Plate, Sine Bar, Bevel Protractor, Tally surf, Profile Projector
22. Advanced Manufacturing Lab -- CNC Lathe, CNC Milling, Abrasive Jet Machining, Electrochemical Machine, Electric Discharge Machining, Radial Drill, Turret Lathe, Robotic Hands
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Phase-III Building, EM4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake,Kolkata-700091.
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
H.O.D: Extn. No. 240, FACULTY MEMBERS: Extn. No. 216
Techno India provides virtual interactive learning facilities to its students; such repositories can be accessed anytime and anywhere that ensure that students get hassle free access to digital library, online journals and digital notes 24x7. The digital repositories comprise a vast collection of e-books, publications, notes as well as case-studies from renowned foreign authors and industry experts. As an academic institute of repute, Techno India strives towards making the learning experience promising for the aspirants so that the location or venue is never a barrier.
Helpline No: 9836544416 / 17 / 18 / 19
1. TECHNO INDIA CHINGRIGHATA CAMPUS - LB 10, EM Bypass, Sector 3,Chingrighata, Kolkata 700098, WB. (Beside Leather Technology College [Service Road])
2. TECHNO INDIA (2nd Floor)- EM-4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091, WB.
EM-4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091, WB Contact No: 033-23575683 / 84 / 86
Email : email@example.com
BF 142, BF Block, Sector 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064.
Website : www.wbut.ac.in