1. To develop the outcome based civil engineering education system
2. To develop entrepreneurship and promoting skill
3. To carry out infrastructural research work
4. To develop leadership for sustaining the development
Developing modern civilization through civil engineering education
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineeringtools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineeringand management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Producing future leaders of the society in civil engineering discipline to fulfill the requirements in industrial and infrastructural growth
1. Analysis and design of civil engineering structures
2. Construction of good quality structures
3. Creating good environmental effects
4. Sustainable developments
STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO : Design, construct and maintain the physical and naturally built environment encompassing roads, bridges, canals, tunnels, dams, sewage systems, buildings, ports and airports.
CAREER PROSPECTS : Employment in road projects, consultancy firms, quality testing laboratories or housing societies. Civil engineers are employed in all major construction projects carried out by the state or central government, railways, private construction companies, military and engineering services.
B.Tech in Civil Engineering : 120
1. Five (5) nos. dedicated class rooms for civil engineering classes with ppt presentation facilities.
2. Following laboratories are well equipped to provide hands on practical training to the students
We have a well equipped concrete laboratory where Compression Testing Machine, Flexure Testing Machine, Rebound Hammer, Blain’s Air Permeability Apparatus, Le-Chatelier Apparatus, Slump Testing Machine, Vibrator, Cube and Beam Moulds, Water Bath etc. are present to carry out experimental works on advanced concrete technology.
In soil laboratory we have Tri-axial Testing Machine, Permeability Testing Machine, Hot Air Oven, Unconfined Compression Testing Machine, Box Shear Testing Machine, Standard Proctor Test Device, Liquid and Plastic Limit Testing Setup etc.
Our highway engineering laboratory is equipped with California Bearing Test Machine, Flash and Fire Point Testing Machine, Marshall Stability Testing Machine, Impact Machine, Crushing Strength Checking Machine, Los Angeles Abrasion Testing Machine, Ductility Testing Machine etc.
In survey laboratory we have all necessary instruments including 2 nos. of Total Station Equipment.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Phase-III Building, EM4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake,Kolkata-700091.
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
H.O.D: Extn. No. 240, FACULTY MEMBERS: Extn. No. 216
Techno India provides virtual interactive learning facilities to its students; such repositories can be accessed anytime and anywhere that ensure that students get hassle free access to digital library, online journals and digital notes 24x7. The digital repositories comprise a vast collection of e-books, publications, notes as well as case-studies from renowned foreign authors and industry experts. As an academic institute of repute, Techno India strives towards making the learning experience promising for the aspirants so that the location or venue is never a barrier.
Helpline No: 9836544416 / 17 / 18 / 19
1. TECHNO INDIA CHINGRIGHATA CAMPUS - LB 10, EM Bypass, Sector 3,Chingrighata, Kolkata 700098, WB. (Beside Leather Technology College [Service Road])
2. TECHNO INDIA (2nd Floor)- EM-4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091, WB.
EM-4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091, WB Contact No: 033-23575683 / 84 / 86
Email : email@example.com
BF 142, BF Block, Sector 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064.
Website : www.wbut.ac.in