Techno Main Salt Lake (formerly known as Techno India), a college with a difference, was established in the year 2001 initially with 4 AICTE approved Degree Engineering Courses including the Department of Information Technology. Starting from its birth, the department is constantly trying to evolve, advance and enhance the fundamentals of Information technology with a motive in building interest amongst students for specialized research, develop skills on new and current topics and creating the ability in them for better academic credentials. The main focus is to inculcate job - oriented, value based quality education in recent technologies and equip the students with system and software development concepts in the state-of-art laboratories. Apart from these, the department also encourages the students to participate in various intra and inter college events to help them develop quality interpersonal and professional skills in academic and non- academic domains.
1. To impart quality education based on modern pedagogy and infra-structure leading to the development of quality professionals for IT-based industry and academia.
2. To develop a team of competent and qualified facilitators equipped with the knowledge of 21st century teaching-learning mechanisms.
3. To explore training and development opportunities in line with the industry trends and also involve in projects leading to quality research and entrepreneurial mindset.
4. To encourage multidisciplinary interactions to inculcate confidence, creativity and application of knowledge in live environment keeping social needs in mind.
5. Engaging profound alumni members to inspire new generations of students.
To envision an environment in which education positively influences each student to explore their potential for learning and thereafter utilise knowledge for contributions to the IT based sector in particular and the society in general.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineeringtools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineeringand management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. The graduates will contribute to society as educated, expressive, ethical and responsible citizens with proven expertise.
2. Individuals who will achieve peer-recognition - as an individual or in a team through demonstration of good analytical and implementation skills in IT-based projects and otherwise.
3. The graduates will pursue higher education, research and development and other creative and innovative efforts, including entrepreneurship
4. The graduates will be able to demonstrate sustained learning and adapt to a constantly changing world through professional development and self study.
1. Design, develop, test, maintain software systems / solutions to provide solutions to real world problems.
2. Recommend the appropriate IT infrastructure required for the implementation of different kinds of projects.
3. Practise modern computing techniques by continuous learning with ethical and social concerns in establishing career path as employee or as entrepreneur.
B.Tech : Techno Main Salt Lake provides B.Tech program in the department of Information Technology. Students enrolled in this course will be able to study about Software and Computer programming and the concept of computing and understand how to program electronic equipments.
B.Tech Lateral : Techno Main Salt Lake provides B.Tech lateral entry program in the department of Information Technology. This course enables aspirants with 3 years diploma in engineering or an equivalent degree to get admitted in 2nd year of B.Tech.
M.Tech : Techno Main Salt Lake provides M.Tech program in the department of Information Technology. A master’s degree in Engineering involves research studies in varied fields of specializations. Participation in International conferences and submission of research methodologies in premier journals are paid utmost importance at Techno Main.
B.Tech in Information Technology : 120
1. Data Structure & Algorithm Laboratory
2. DBMS Laboratory
3. OS Laboratory
4. Networking Laboratory
Techno India provides virtual interactive learning facilities to its students; such repositories can be accessed anytime and anywhere that ensure that students get hassle free access to digital library, online journals and digital notes 24x7. The digital repositories comprise a vast collection of e-books, publications, notes as well as case-studies from renowned foreign authors and industry experts. As an academic institute of repute, Techno India strives towards making the learning experience promising for the aspirants so that the location or venue is never a barrier.
Helpline No: 9836544416 / 17 / 18 / 19
1. TECHNO INDIA CHINGRIGHATA CAMPUS - LB 10, EM Bypass, Sector 3,Chingrighata, Kolkata 700098, WB. (Beside Leather Technology College [Service Road])
2. TECHNO INDIA (2nd Floor)- EM-4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091, WB.
EM-4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091, WB Contact No: 033-23575683 / 84 / 86
Email : email@example.com
BF 142, BF Block, Sector 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064.
Website : www.wbut.ac.in