The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Techno Main Salt Lake was established in the year 2001 with an aim to provide excellence in the field of Electronics and Telecommunications technologies.The number of student intake at the 1st year B. Tech program being 60 in the beginninghas climbed up to 90 in 2003-2004 which is further increased to 120 in 2007-2008. The department has started the Post Graduate M. Tech program in VLSI and Microelectronics in the year 2006-2007 and M. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering in the year 2012-2013 respectively.
The academic standard of ECE department provides a conductive and intellectually challenging environment that empowers students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners through our highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members, modern well equipped laboratories, co- curricular participation and skill based education such as Finishing School Programs which closely match the requirement of modern industry and. The main emphasis of ECE department is on teaching and learning with sufficient prominence to research and consultancy. A student friendly homely atmosphere binds everyone together although a contemporary professional culture is simultaneously juxtaposed. Be it project development, seminar presentation, class lectures, departmental meeting or festivals, everyone is focused to deliver their best and finally, create highest level of efficiency and proficiency that ultimately helps students to confidently compete in the challenging global scenario.
Our academic standards persistently improve to provide students with necessary skills enabling them to have noteworthy performance records in industry, higher education in renowned national and international universities, entrepreneurship and management practices.
In 2009 the ECE B.Tech Program was accredited by NBA for 3 Years
1. To offer the state-of-art infrastructure for teaching, learning, research activities and innovative hands on engineering project.
2. To deliver curricula to meet ever changing industry requirement and cope up with the present trends in higher studies and research, through student centric learning methodologies.
3. To promote all round personality development of the students through interaction with alumni and experts from academia and industry.
4. To motivate and upgrade faculties for departmental success, growth and quality enhancements.
To excel in Electronics and Communication Engineering education, higher studies and research as per the needs of industry, deeply inculcating professional ethics and duly nurturing all-round personality development.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineeringtools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineeringand management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. Utilize their domain knowledge to analyze data and technical concept for application to higher studies, research and innovation in Electronics and Communication engineering. [Excellence in domain knowledge and allied services, higher studies, research and innovation]
2. Excel in multidisciplinary areas with modern engineering tools, techniques and relevant software. [Versatility in Problem solving]
3. Develop expressive confidence and presentation skills to bring forth celebrated industry leaders, entrepreneurs, academicians and researchers. [Spirit of team work and leadership]
4. Inculcate lifelong learning, professional and ethical values for the development of the society.[Societal and ethical values]
1. Analyse specific engineering problem relevant to electronics circuits, control & embedded systems and communication engineering by applying the knowledge of mathematics, computer science and engineering fundamentals.
2. Select current techniques and modern engineering tools, necessary to design complex system, containing hardware and software in the field of VLSI and communication engineering as per the needs of industry.
B.Tech : Techno Main Salt Lake provides B.Tech program in the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering. Students enrolled in this course will be able to design, fabricate, manufacture and maintain electronic equipments.
B.Tech Lateral : Techno Main Salt Lake provides B.Tech lateral entry program in the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering. This course enables aspirants with 3 years diploma in engineering or an equivalent degree to get admitted in 2nd year of B.Tech.
M.Tech : Techno Main Salt Lake provides M.Tech program in the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering. A master’s degree in Engineering involves research studies in varied fields of specializations. Participation in International conferences and submission of research methodologies in premier journals are paid utmost importance at Techno Main.
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering : 120
M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering : 18
M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (VLSI AND MICROELECTRO NICS) : 18
ECE Department embodies high quality laboratories to cater to all the courses being taught by this department, both intra and inter departmental.The following laboratories are presently functional at the ECE department:
Department has three Specialized Laboratories in collaboration with relevant industry to promote research facility as well as focused faculty and student development program.
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Techno Main Salt Lake, EM-4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091, West Bengal
H.O.D: Prof. Soumitra Banerjee
Landline(O): (91) 33-2357-5683/84, EXT. 213, FAX: (91) 33-2357-5686
Techno India provides virtual interactive learning facilities to its students; such repositories can be accessed anytime and anywhere that ensure that students get hassle free access to digital library, online journals and digital notes 24x7. The digital repositories comprise a vast collection of e-books, publications, notes as well as case-studies from renowned foreign authors and industry experts. As an academic institute of repute, Techno India strives towards making the learning experience promising for the aspirants so that the location or venue is never a barrier.
Helpline No: 9836544416 / 17 / 18 / 19
1. TECHNO INDIA CHINGRIGHATA CAMPUS - LB 10, EM Bypass, Sector 3,Chingrighata, Kolkata 700098, WB. (Beside Leather Technology College [Service Road])
2. TECHNO INDIA (2nd Floor)- EM-4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091, WB.
EM-4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091, WB Contact No: 033-23575683 / 84 / 86
Email : email@example.com
BF 142, BF Block, Sector 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064.
Website : www.wbut.ac.in